World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ to Transport Players Back to the Icy Realm of Northrend Later This Year
All players with an active WoW® subscription will receive full access to this authentic re-creation of the game’s second expansion and reexperience a seminal era in the Warcraft® saga
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220418005551/en/
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic
“We’re thrilled to revisit one of the most beloved eras in Warcraft history with Wrath of the Lich King Classic,” said
Wrath of the Lich King Classic Features
Just as it shook up WoW® during its original release in 2008, Wrath of the Lich King Classic will thrill both veterans and newcomers with a host of paradigm-shifting features, including:
- The Grim Frozen North: Players will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend—Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord—and experience some of the most epic vistas and beloved storylines in all of Warcraft before breaching the seat of the Lich King’s power in Icecrown.
- The Rise of Death Knights: Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights—WoW’s first hero class—harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth.
- New profession—Inscription: This new profession allows players to scribe mystical glyphs that alter the appearance and modify the properties of spells and abilities, as well as craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- Achievements Unlocked: Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players a whole new set of rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.
- Dungeons & Raids: Relive seminal 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas in a 10-player raid, an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in pre-expansion World of Warcraft.
Players will be able to create Death Knight characters during a content update prior to the launch of Wrath of the Lich King Classic. All players will be able to create their first Death Knight characters without any prerequisites or restrictions. (Creating subsequent Death Knight characters on a given server will require an existing character of level 55 or higher.)
Players without existing characters ready to take on the hazards of Northrend can take advantage of an optional level-70 character boost closer to Wrath of the Lich King Classic’s launch. Further details, including information around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.
For more information on Wrath of the Lich King Classic, visit www.wowclassic.com. Further details, including release timing, will be announced there closer to launch.
Assets are available at blizzard.gamespress.com/World-of-Warcraft.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft; Hearthstone®; Overwatch®; the Warcraft, StarCraft®, and
*Sales and/or downloads based on internal company records and reports from key distributors.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves
Global PR Director, Warcraft