The Horde and the Alliance clash for ultimate control of their world in the next chapter of Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing saga
Journey to the continents of
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180405005311/en/
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Collector's Edition contains an array of extras for Blizzard games that let players proclaim their
Heroes of both factions can make their own war preparations now by pre-purchasing Battle for Azeroth at www.worldofwarcraft.com/battleforazeroth. In addition to gaining a level-110 character boost to use immediately, players who pre-purchase can begin their journey to recruit the first four of the expansion’s new Allied Races, including the valiant Lightforged draenei on the Alliance and ancient Nightborne on the Horde.†
“In Battle for Azeroth, the stakes for the Alliance and the Horde
are incredibly high, and a player’s faction will have a more meaningful
impact on their experience than in any World of Warcraft
expansion to date,” said
Battle for Azeroth – Standard, Digital Deluxe, and Collector’s Editions
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will be available in both a
standard edition (physical and digital versions available; SRP
Battle for Azeroth will also be available in a retail-exclusive
Collector’s Edition (SRP
- Horde & Alliance Double-Sided Mark of Allegiance: Declare your allegiance with this hefty two-sided emblem (stand included). Place it on your desk or shelf and proclaim your chosen faction to the world.
- Hardcover Double-Sided Book: Elegy & A Good War: This
limited-edition hardback collects two new World of Warcraft novellas
depicting the Burning of Teldrassil from the points of view of the
Alliance and the Horde. Each story includes original artwork exclusive
to this edition.†† Written by
Christie Goldenand Robert Brooks.
- Battle for Azeroth Digital Soundtrack: Each Collector’s Edition contains a key to download the stirring orchestral pieces from the expansion’s soundtrack—the perfect mood music for laying siege to your enemies.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Collector’s Edition is
available for preorder now. Supplies are limited; players should check
with their local retailer for preorder details and availability. For
players who have already pre-purchased a digital edition of the
expansion and wish to upgrade to the Collector’s Edition at launch,
Blizzard will credit their account Blizzard Balance in the amount of
their original purchase if they redeem their Collector’s Edition key
In addition, starting today, anyone interested in joining the fight with the next expansion can pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth digitally through the Blizzard Shop and receive the current expansion, Legion™, for free. This bundle also includes a level-110 character boost, making it a perfect jumping-on point for new and returning players.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Features
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth includes new features and content that will put heroes’ fortitude and dedication to their faction to the test. In this expansion, players will be called upon to:
- Explore Two Fabled Kingdoms: As a champion of the Horde, travel
to the empire of Zandalar to persuade the trolls to lend
their naval might. As a defender of the Alliance, venture to the
seafaring kingdom of
Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore, and rally its inhabitants to fight for your cause.
- Recruit Allied Races: Take a new form for your adventures as several new playable Allied Races, each with unique racial abilities. Earn the favor of the Highmountain tauren, Void elves, Dark Iron dwarves, and others to create a new character of that race and add their strength to your faction.
- Plunder the Islands of the
Great Sea: Set out on Island Expeditions and conquer an ever-changing array of enemies, environments, and objectives. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players—to collect each island’s resources and fuel the war effort.
- Charge Into a Warfront: Fight on the battlefields of a large-scale, 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Capture resources to build your faction’s forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to objectives, and fight the enemy commander to claim victory in this new mode inspired by classic Warcraft real-time strategy–game battles.
- Infuse Your Armor with Titanic Might: Seek out Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Burning Legion’s wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard—with Azerite to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
- Battle to Level 120: Trace the corruption of the Blood God to the Underrot, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, escape from the Drust Realm of the Dead, and more as you quest through 10 new levels—then continue to grow in power through new World Quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
To learn more about World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, visit the expansion’s official website at www.worldofwarcraft.com/battleforazeroth.
†Pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth makes available quest lines that enable players to access the Highmountain tauren, Lightforged draenei, Nightborne, and Void elves. To unlock Allied Races quest lines, players must have a level-110 character and have met specific questing and reputation requirements on the factions each Allied Race is aligned with. To unlock a Heritage Armor set, players must level an Allied Race character from its starting level of 20 to 110 without boosting, faction- or race-changing, or being granted levels via the Recruit-A-Friend program. Players upgrading from World of Warcraft Starter Edition must wait for trial restrictions to be removed (up to 72 hours) before using character boost.
††Digital versions of Elegy and A Good War without the exclusive artwork will also be available to read online later this year.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft®, Hearthstone®, Overwatch®,
the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and
*Sales and/or downloads, based on internal company records and reports from key distribution partners.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking
Statements: Information in this press release that involves
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Global Public Relations Director
Global Public Relations Manager
Public Relations Manager, North America