Available First on PlayStation®4, First Post-Launch Release Delivers Free New Content Drop Across Multiplayer, Blackout and Zombies Modes, Includes Massive Addition of Personalization Items, Gear and Map Updates
Limited-Time December Event Also Brings Additional Holiday-Themed Items
Black Ops Pass Owners Gain Access to Two New Multiplayer Maps, New
Blackout Character Reaper and New Zombies Experience “Dead of the Night”
Starring Kiefer Sutherland,
“Operation Absolute Zero is a giant community celebration
and the next wave in our commitment to make Black Ops 4
the most supported game in our studio’s history,” said
“For Blackout, we knew that regular post-launch updates would be
essential to keep the game world alive and evolving,” said
Operation Absolute Zero includes an exhaustive list of free, new content, including:
- New Specialist – Players can reprogram the flow of combat with Zero, a new Specialist available in both Multiplayer and Blackout modes. Zero can disrupt and distract enemies with powerful hacking, altering the flow of battle.
- New Black Market Gear – Operation Absolute Zero brings a brand-new Assault Rifle and fast-firing SMG to the Black Market which players can unlock by playing through Contraband Tiers. Plus, fans can collect new tactical outfits, personalization accessories, new characters to use in Blackout, and special gift-wrapped melee weapons – all in time for the holidays.
- New Blackout Location and Updates – Hijacked is the newest destination in Blackout, inspired by the intense classic multiplayer map from Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. Fans can loot the luxury yacht to gear up for a firefight and battle opponents on their way to the final circle. Also, players can hop into a new armored vehicle called the ARAV once they’re back on dry land and eliminate enemies with its turret-mounted machine gun.
- New Festive Holiday Event – After Operation Absolute Zeroarrives, the holidays will come to Blackout with special event tiers of seasonal items to unlock, thematic map decorations, and even throwable snowballs in Blackout that allow players to mount a festive assault on their enemies.
- New Zombies Features – Daily Callings provide new gameplay challenges that reward Zombies players with bonus XP and Nebulium Plasma upon completion, the Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system gives players the ability to verify and share the results of their game online with a personalized code generated at the end of each match, along with Daily Tier Skips for Zombies, which allow players to earn Black Market Tier progression bonuses by playing Zombies each day.
In addition to the Operation Absolute Zero free content,
owners of the
New Multiplayer Map, Elevation – A medium-sized map set in a
cliffside town in the mountains of
Nepal, Elevation features winding streets that snake around vertical positions where players will battle it out through close-quarter interiors and tight alleyways.
New Multiplayer Map,
Madagascar– A larger map set on a rural plateau in Madagascar, the town sits atop a hill where a medical-relief convoy that has been ambushed, and it is surrounded by flanking routes with diverse, natural environments and powerful cover for players trying to dominate the hill.
New Zombies Experience, Dead of the Night – This all-new undead
experience is set in 1912 and drops players into a lavish estate owned
by the famed relic-hunter
Alistair Rhodes, where they’ll step into the role of a new set of characters. As the unlikely crew of heroes bands together, they’ll equip all-new weapons to fight the mysterious force that has taken over the party. Players will also take on a variety of Zombies, including new enemies such as vampires and werewolves, and much more, to survive the nightmarish evening. Dead of the Night stars an iconic cast of actors who lend their voice and likeness to the game: Madame Mirela ( Helena Bonham Carter), Gideon Jones( Kiefer Sutherland), “The Brigadier” (Brian Blessed) and the Butler, Godfrey ( Charles Dance).
New Blackout Character, Reaper – Owners of the
Black Ops Passget instant access to the cyborg mercenary Reaper, a fan-favorite Specialist character from Black Ops III, now coming to Blackout.
The Black Ops Pass* is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and
developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven
Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and
on Twitter, Instagram
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4isthe studio’s most recent release. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading
global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision
maintains operations throughout the world and is a division
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in
this press release that involves
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks
Senior Manager, Public Relations