Beginning Today, Fans Can Get Their First Experience with Black Ops 4’s All-New Battle Royale Mode, Blackout
A Celebration of the Black Ops Universe, Blackout Delivers Signature Call of Duty Gameplay Immersed in Classic Environments and Characters from the Series
“The Blackout Beta is just the beginning of a long journey that we plan
to take with our fans,” said
The Blackout Private Beta* schedule is as follows:
Monday, September 10th at 10 am PT– Monday, September 17th at 10 am PT(PlayStation 4)
Xbox One and PC**:
Friday, September 14th at 10 am PT– Monday, September 17th at 10 am PT(Xbox One, PC) Saturday, September 15th, 10 am PT– Monday, September 17th at 10 am PT(PC Open Beta only)
“The development effort behind Blackout has been an extraordinary
undertaking and we couldn’t be more proud for what the team has
Deeply rooted in the Black Ops series, which has surpassed more
than 200 million players and 15 billion hours played over its lifetime,
Blackout spans some of the greatest characters and iconic map locales
from Black Ops, Black Ops II, Black Ops III and
Black Ops 4. The Private Beta includes a variety of new and
classic playable characters, including campaign characters like Mason,
Reznov and Woods; Zombies characters like Richtofen and
Takeo; and Specialists like Crash, Battery and Seraph,
to name a few. Across the sprawling Blackout map, players will fight in
locations inspired by fan-favorite Black Ops maps like Nuketown,
Fans who have already downloaded the recently completed Multiplayer Beta, or who have since pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 at participating retailers, will receive access to the Blackout Private Beta. Code redemption and other Beta access information can be found at the Activision Beta support site.
The Blackout Private Beta is just the beginning, as the development
teams will be actively gathering community feedback throughout the Beta
test and will use the player data to fine-tune gameplay balance,
stress-test servers and optimize the online experience ahead of the
game’s launch on
- Twitter (@Treyarch): Treyarch’s Community and Live Ops teams will be watching their social channels throughout the Beta to get player feedback on everything regarding gameplay and any issues or bugs that may arise. Please tag your feedback with #BO4Beta to make it easier to find. Particularly for the PC crowd, players should follow @TreyarchPC.
- Twitter (@ATVI Assist): For specific technical issues, players should tweet @ATVIAssist, with the tag #BO4Beta.
- Reddit: Treyarch’s Community and Live Ops teams will also be watching Reddit, so players should add their comments to the r/BlackOps4 subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/
- Console: Depending on the technical issue, players may also be given the opportunity to “report a problem” directly on their console. If that happens, please do so, as it helps Treyarch track down the source of issue.
- Survey: After you’ve played the Beta, players will be given the opportunity to provide the team with direct feedback through a detailed survey.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and
developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven
Software and PC development with Beenox. The title is scheduled for
release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games, an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and the studio’s most recent Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading
global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision
maintains operations throughout the world and is a division
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in
this press release that involves
*Blackout Beta starts
**Blackout Beta starts
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark and "PS4" is a trademark of
Senior Manager, Public Relations