SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug 18, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Bringing the ultimate set list to furious finger-fretting rockaholics around the world this September, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) revealed today the entire Guitar Hero(R): Warriors of Rock on-disc lineup. With more than 90 tracks focusing on guitar shredding hits, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is headlined by some of the largest bands in rock and features original tracks written and composed by AAA talent, special re-records by famous artists, and bands that are making their Guitar Hero(R) debut.
"We engaged our fans to find out what they really wanted and then hand-picked over 90 tracks that deliver the ultimate rock experience," said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Guitar Hero. "From the new guitar controller to the gameplay to the on-disc set list, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is truly a return to rock."
When Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock ships on September 28, gamers will join the quest to save rock and strive to keep up with the blistering solos and intense riffs as they shred their way through the largest Guitar Hero set list to date. The full track list includes:
- A Perfect Circle - "The Outsider"
- Aerosmith - "Cryin'"
- AFI - "Dancing Through Sunday"
- Alice Cooper - "No More Mr. Nice Guy"
- Alter Bridge - "Ties That Bind"
- Anberlin - "The Feel Good Drag"
- Anthrax - "Indians"
- Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"
- Atreyu - "Ravenous"
- Avenged Sevenfold - "Bat Country"
- Bad Brains - "Re-Ignition (Live)"
- Band Of Skulls - "I Know What I Am"
- Black Sabbath - "Children Of The Grave"
- Blind Melon - "Tones Of Home"
- Blue Oyster Cult - "Burnin' For You"
- Bush - "Machinehead"
- Buzzcocks - "What Do I Get?"
- Children Of Bodom - "If You Want Peace... Prepare For War"
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son"
- The Cure - "Fascination Street"
- Deep Purple - "Burn"
- Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)"
- Dethklok - "Bloodlines"
- The Dillinger Escape Plan - "Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants"
- Dire Straits - "Money For Nothing"
- DragonForce - "Fury of the Storm"
- Drowning Pool - "Bodies"
- Edgar Winter- "Free Ride"
- Fall Out Boy - "Dance, Dance"
- Five Finger Death Punch - "Hard To See"
- Flyleaf - "Again"
- Foo Fighters - "No Way Back"
- Foreigner - "Feels Like The First Time"
- George Thorogood and The Destroyers - "Move It On Over (Live)"
- The Hives - "Tick Tick Boom"
- Interpol - "Slow Hands"
- Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing"
- Jethro Tull - "Aqualung"
- John 5 - "Black Widow Of La Porte"
- KISS - "Love Gun"
- Linkin Park - "Bleed It Out"
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Call Me The Breeze (Live)"
- Megadeth - "Sudden Death"
- Megadeth - "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due"
- Megadeth - "This Day We Fight!"
- Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne - "Paranoid (Live)"
- Muse - "Uprising"
- My Chemical Romance - "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
- Neil Young - "Rockin' In The Free World"
- Nickelback - "How You Remind Me"
- Night Ranger - "(You Can Still) Rock In America"
- Nine Inch Nails - "Wish"
- The Offspring - "Self Esteem"
- Orianthi - "Suffocated"
- Pantera - "I'm Broken"
- Phoenix - "Lasso"
- Poison - "Unskinny Bop"
- Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- Queensryche - "Jet City Woman"
- Rammstein - "Waidmanns Heil"
- The Ramones - "Theme From Spiderman"
- Red Rider - "Lunatic Fringe"
- R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion"
- Rise Against - "Savior"
- The Rolling Stones - "Stray Cat Blues"
- The Runaways - "Cherry Bomb"
- Rush - "2112 Pt. 1 - Overture"
- Rush - "2112 Pt. 2 - The Temples Of Syrinx"
- Rush - "2112 Pt. 3 - Discovery"
- Rush - "2112 Pt. 4 - Presentation"
- Rush - "2112 Pt. 5 - Oracle: The Dream"
- Rush - "2112 Pt. 6 - Soliloquy"
- Rush - "2112 Pt. 7 - Grand Finale"
- RX Bandits - "It's Only Another Parsec..."
- Silversun Pickups - "There's No Secrets This Year"
- Slash featuring Ian Astbury - "Ghost"
- Slayer - "Chemical Warfare"
- Slipknot - "Psychosocial"
- Snot - "Deadfall"
- Soundgarden - "Black Rain"
- Steve Vai - "Speeding" (Vault Version)
- Stone Temple Pilots - "Interstate Love Song"
- Strung Out - "Calling"
- Styx - "Renegade"
- Sum 41 - "Motivation"
- Tesla - "Modern Day Cowboy"
- Them Crooked Vultures - "Scumbag Blues"
- Third Eye Blind - "Graduate"
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "Listen To Her Heart"
- Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It"
- The Vines - "Get Free"
- The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"
- ZZ Top - "Sharp Dressed Man (Live)"
In Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, join with friends on an epic rock journey to save rock. Featuring an impressive 90+ track set list and a host of all-new gameplay features, living room legends and their friends can strum, drum and wail in the most immersive music videogame experience to date. Delivering the quintessential rock music collection that focuses on guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Slipknot and Megadeth and larger-than-life band anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS, players can unleash more rewards and unlockable content than ever before in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock's Quest Mode, the franchise's first ever story-based mode, and Quickplay+, which invites challenge-starved fanatics to test their rock skills. Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined and with encores from the critically-acclaimed and fan favorite gameplay features that made Guitar Hero one of the most popular franchises of all-time - such as Party Play, Competitive modes and any combination of up to four instruments - the game offers a complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music experience.
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and by Vicarious Visions for the Wii(TM) system from Nintendo. The game is rated "T" (Teen - Lyrics, Mild Fantasy Violence and Mild Suggestive Themes) by the ESRB. For more information about Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, please visit GuitarHero.com.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition including from used games and other forms of entertainment, litigation risks and associated costs, rapid changes in technology, industry standards, business models including online and used games, and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors, and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers that can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities and potential challenges associated with geographic expansion, and the other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
Guitar Hero and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2010 PR Newswire. All rights reserved