Fight for the Future on Nintendo Switch™—Overwatch® Legendary Edition Arrives October 15
Play the complete version of Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based shooter at home or on the go, and take aim with new gyroscopic motion controls
Three-month Nintendo Switch Online membership included*; pre-purchase includes the Noire Widowmaker skin at launch
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190904005995/en/
Fight for the future in Overwatch Legendary Edition, coming to Nintendo Switch on
Overwatch Legendary Edition puts the definitive version of Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team shooter in Nintendo Switch owners’ hands, complete with the latest content and gameplay updates. Players will select from a roster of 31 vibrant heroes as they face off in a variety of casual and competitive multiplayer modes andbattle over map objectives in 28 different locations around the earth (and on the moon).
In addition, Nintendo Switch gamers have the option to take control of their heroes in a whole-new wayusing the console’s built-in gyroscopic motion controls, which let players tilt their console to line up the perfect shot as McCree, pilot D.Va through the air, or quickly turn to deflect incoming projectiles as Genji.
“Overwatch brings players together to cooperate and compete in a bright and optimistic vision of the future, and we’re looking forward to welcoming Nintendo Switch gamers into the fun,” said
OverwatchLegendary Edition for Nintendo Switch will be available in a boxed version (containing a code to download the game) and digital version via the
Players who pre-purchase Overwatch Legendary Edition by the
Overwatch – Game Features
OverwatchLegendary Edition will launch on Nintendo Switch with all of the heroes, maps, modes, and game updates currently available on other platforms, providing Nintendo Switch players with the complete Overwatch experience:
- Play as 31 Unique Heroes – Choose from a diverse and ever-expanding roster of heroes from around the globe. Zip behind enemy lines as time-jumping Tracer; heal your team from afar with elite sniper Ana’s Biotic Rifle; or manipulate gravity as brilliant astrophysicist Sigma, the latest hero to join thefight.
- Battle Across the World With Your Friends – Capture control points, push payloads, and complete objectives across 28 international locations—wherever you have internet access, thanks to the legendary portability of the Nintendo Switch system.
- Join Forces in 6v6 Game Modes –Jump into Quick Play to get matched up against players of similar skill, Play Vs. AI in multiple difficulty settings, or put your skills to the ultimate test in Competitive Play to earn seasonal ranks and rewards.
- Discover New Ways to Play – Explore the Arcade or Game Browser to find matches with unique rulesets. Unleash your creativity in the Workshop and use powerful scripting tools to build elaborate custom games that can be shared and played on any platform.
- …And More to Come – Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch will continue to be updated with new content, including the game’s limited-time seasonal modes, gameplay updates, and more.
To learn more about Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch, visit the official website at playoverwatch.com/nintendo-switch.
*Included Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership will auto-renew at the end of three months. Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership is not eligible for 3-month membership offer. Nintendo Switch Online membership and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
**Noire Widowmaker skin available in all day-one units of Overwatch Legendary Edition for Nintendo Switch.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft®, Hearthstone®, Overwatch®, the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and
†Sales and/or downloads, based on internal company records and reports from key distributors.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves
Senior Public Relations Manager