Free Heroic-Themed Content Across Multiplayer and Blackout with a new Limited Time Mode, “Heavy Metal Heroes”
New Personalization Items, Map Updates and Gear Available for Fans Starting Today
New Zombies Experience, ‘Tag Der Toten,’ Concludes Decade-Long Fan-Favorite Aether Story
Black Ops Pass Owners Gain Access to Two Additional Multiplayer Maps, Including One New Villain “Lair” and a Reimagined Black Ops Classic, “Launch”
“For our final operation of the Black Ops Season, the team at Treyarch had a blast creating the ultimate battle between good and evil, imagined through alternate universe versions of our Specialist characters as heroes and villains,” said
Operation Dark Divide’s free, new content includes:
- New Blackout Updates – Blackout features a fresh new comic book aesthetic. Additionally, players can now double-jump and catch some serious air in the limited-time game mode, Heavy Metal Heroes. With Heavy Metal Heroes new equipment such as flare guns and a brand-new tank vehicle have also been added to the battlefield to help players in the ultimate Battle Royale fire-fight.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Dark Divide introduces a new Perk and two new Elixirs as players experience the final chapter of the Aether story.
- Secret Shopper Elixer: Players will be able to go on an ammo shopping spree and buy any ammo for any gun they’re holding from any wall buy.
- Power Vacuum Elixer: The drop rate for all power ups is boosted significantly for a few minutes after activating.
- Blaze Phase Perk: Players can become a charging fireball that knocks enemies back or burns them to a crisp.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new outfits fit for both heroes and villains, personalization items, weapon camos and gestures tailored for Operation Dark Divide. This includes new weapons like the VMP SMG, AN-94 Assault Rifle and the Echohawk Dual Bore Assault Rifle, that players can acquire and learn to master. Also available are the MkII and the Mastercraft variants of the VKM 750, the Predator S6 Stingray Mastercraft, and two super outfits for Nomad (“Lupine”) and Crash (“Rigor Mortis”).
In addition to the Operation Dark Divide’s offerings, owners of the
- New Multiplayer Map, Lair – Set in the lair of a mega villain, this medium-sized map is built around a volcano’s caldera. Players must weave around the multi-level map to strategically gain the upper hand before the volcanically powered Death Laser goes off.
- Multiplayer Map, Launch – Reimagined from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Launch is a medium-sized map set in a launch pad at a Soviet Cosmodrome. Players will have to make sure they don’t get caught in the middle of the rocket launch during the fire fight.
- The Zombies Experience, Tag
Der Toten–The Victis Crew returns for their final outing of the Aether storyline. The last chapter of a decade-long epic in the making is here for players to immerse themselves into. Elements of the fan-favorite Call of the Dead map have been re-imagined and expanded, so players can explore new areas and solve ever increasingly difficult Easter Eggs that tell the real story.
The Black Ops Pass* is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @CallofDuty and @Treyarch on Twitter, Instagram and
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is the studio’s most recent release. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks of
Sr. PR Manager, Call of Duty