Starting today, ticket holders can unlock access to original BlizzCon video programming, get the first commemorative BlizzCon in-game item for Overwatch®, and help build a panel for the show
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180912005903/en/
The BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket brings
This year’s festivities are already underway, with the premiere episodes
of multiple original BlizzCon video series available to view now
on the official website and through the app—some available free, and all
unlocked via the Virtual Ticket. BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket
holders can also help shape the show by voting for what they’d like to
see on stage in a series of interactive
The celebration continues
“We created BlizzCon as a celebration of our global community, but not
everyone can travel to the show, so the Virtual Ticket gives us a great
way to bring BlizzCon to gamers around the world,” said
With the BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket, Blizzard gamers from around the world will:
- Never Miss a Moment: The opening ceremony and esports are free, but the Virtual Ticket is the only way to watch the Mythic, Legendary, and Epic stages live from home, so you won’t miss any of the developer panels, Community Night contests, or epic closing festivities. Go even deeper with the BlizzCon All-Access Channel, complete with exclusive developer interviews, commentary, and more.
- Explore Original BlizzCon Video Series: Unlock full access to unique BlizzCon programming that takes you behind the scenes at Blizzard and beyond the walls of the convention center. Discover Blizzard history inside The Vault, explore artists’ creative process in Drawn to Adventure, and much more. New episodes debut regularly in the weeks leading up to BlizzCon—some available free, and all unlocked via the Virtual Ticket.
- Snag Epic In-Game Loot: Between now and the start of BlizzCon, unlock a treasure trove of commemorative in-game goodies for World of Warcraft®, StarCraft® II, StarCraft: Remastered, Heroes of the Storm®, Hearthstone®, and Diablo III. Kick things off with a legendary Overwatch Demon Hunter skin for Sombra—available in-game starting today.†
- Help Shape the Show: Don’t just watch BlizzCon—participate in
it, too! Build a BlizzCon panel alongside others from the Blizzard
community, then watch what you help created come to life live during
the main event. (
Build-a-Panelvoting will be available for a limited time—visit BlizzCon.com to learn more and keep up with the results.)
- Watch On-Demand Replays: Miss a revelation during a World of
Warcraft or Overwatch developer discussion? Does one of
your must-see Hearthstone panels conflict with a can’t-miss StarCraft
II match? Relive your favorite moments on demand with the Virtual
Ticket at BlizzCon.com or in the BlizzCon Mobile App through
March 31, 2019††. The Virtual Ticket also unlocks access to a wide variety of panels and original video series from the BlizzCon 2017 video archives.
- Get Gear Bonuses: Order a Virtual Ticket, and you’ll get a
$10discount off this year’s BlizzCon Goody Bag, available for pre-order today while supplies last at http://gear.blizzard.com. You’ll also get early access to the BlizzCon 2018 online merchandise sale so you can pick up sweet swag in advance of the show—more details will be announced in the weeks ahead.
International viewers will also have the option to listen to select BlizzCon Virtual Ticket broadcasts, including the All-Access Channel and content on the Mythic stage, translated live into seven languages: Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese. In addition, VODs of select content on the other stages at BlizzCon will be available subtitled in Latin American Spanish, European Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, and simplified Chinese in the weeks following the show.
Visit the Blizzard
Shop to learn more and purchase this year’s Virtual Ticket (
†The in-game items for Overwatch, StarCraft II, and StarCraft: Remastered will also be available separately in 2019—further details will be announced at a later date.
††Most replays will be available until
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft®, Hearthstone®, Overwatch®,
the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and
*Sales and/or downloads, based on internal company records and reports from key distribution partners.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking
Statements: Information in this press release that involves
Global Public Relations Director
Global Corp. Comms. Director
Sr. PR Manager, NA