SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Face Off's one-on-one or two-on-two gameplay delivers the most visceral Call of Duty® multiplayer experience in the franchise's history. Getaway and Lookout, two fiercely tactical maps designed exclusively for Face Off, are part of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®3 Content Collection #2, released today by Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI). Call of Duty® MW3 Content Collection #2 features a sprawling collection of new killzones, offering Xbox LIVE® gamers the
biggest and most varied content drop in Call of Duty history.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #2 offers seven all-new pieces of content that includes:
- Getaway: This former white-sand vacation spot, boasting exotic aquaria and surfside infinity pools, is now a Face Off map and a haven for ruthless run-and-gun violence.
- Lookout: A perilous warren of chokepoints and tight corridors, the second Face Off map drops your one- or two-man teams into a forward observation base carved into a war-torn mountainside.
- Sanctuary: Destroy the opposition—and the ornate relics of an ancient monastic order—in the towering sandstone cloister of central Greece's Sanctuary. SMGs, assault rifles and shotguns will make short work of both.
- Foundation: Choose your rules of engagement in this decommissioned cement factory in the heart of South Korea, perfectly constructed for both sniping and run-and-gun combat.
- Oasis: Once a postcard-worthy holiday spot, now a paradise for a different sort of traveler—the ones who've traded fanny packs for combat fatigues. Pick your combat lanes carefully atop this ancient stone fortress turned five star resort.
- Kill Switch: Armed with an EMP, you and a squad mate must neutralize a Russian carrier deep within enemy territory. This Special Ops Mission tasks one team member on the ground, fighting through hostiles on your way to the detonation site, while the other must maintain vital cover from behind a sniper scope.
- Iron Clad: For the first time, take the wheel of an Abrams-class tank with full escort. Breach and clear and exfiltrate from behind enemy lines in Hamburg in this all-new Special Ops mission.
To celebrate the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #2, Activision is putting basketball superstars Brandon Jennings of the Milwaukee Bucks against Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz head to head in a Face Off Challenge, a special edition of the Call of Duty Grudge Match for ultimate bragging rights. Jennings and Hayward will captain teams featuring development studio members, online personalities and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 fans in an intense battle before settling the final score in the all new Face Off. Gamers can review Grudge Match highlights on the Modern Warfare 3
Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/MW3.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Content Collection #2 is available first on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 1,200 Microsoft Points, or $14.99. The Collection is open to all; a premium Call of Duty® Elite membership is not required. The DLC pack will be available on other platforms at a later date.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #2 is published by Activision and co-developed by Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is rated "M" (Mature) by the ESRB for Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence and Strong Language. For more information on the Call of Duty: MW3 content drops, season of content, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty Elite visit www.callofduty.com/mw3 and www.callofduty.com/elite.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain,
Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are
based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results
to differ materially from current expectations.
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY and MODERN WARFARE are registered trademarks and CALL OF DUTY MW3 is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.