SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug 26, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- When the party starts on October 19, budding beat chemists, singing sensations and all of their friends will experience over 100 of the biggest tracks from the hottest artists, remixed exclusively for DJ Hero(R) 2, including Eminem's "Not Afraid," Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance," David Guetta's "Memories" feat. Kid Cudi, Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop" feat. Static Major, and Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden's "Bonkers," Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today. Cranking up the soundtrack to "the most innovative and immersive music experience of 2009,"* the full list of 105 speaker-blaring tracks and club-shaking anthems that will be transformed into over 80 unique mixes for DJ Hero 2 reads like a who's who of music industry giants.
With all the songs now revealed, DJ Hero 2 has launched the "Name That Mix" challenge on the DJ Hero(R) Facebook page, testing fans knowledge of music to discover the game's tightly held and eagerly anticipated mixes. Every week from now until September 20, fans will be presented with a "mashup of mashups" video from which participants will need to decipher what songs were used to create each mix. Over 275 prizes are available weekly including trips to see DJ Hero 2 artists perform live and professional DJ equipment. To participate in the challenge or for more information, visit http://facebook.com/djhero.
"The individual songs that have been mixed into the DJ Hero 2 soundtrack have been viewed online more than 1.5 billion times, which really speaks volumes to both the size and scope of our music," said Dan Neil, Music Director, FreeStyleGames. "Working with some of the best DJs in the world, we were able to take this amazing collection of the biggest pop, hip-hop and dance hits, and with some turntable magic, craft the best soundtrack in entertainment."
"If you simply listened to all these songs we've handpicked to include in the game, you would recognize what an amazing soundtrack they would make," said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs, Activision. "But when you hear them after the FreeStyleGames DJs give them the exclusive DJ Hero mix treatment, you understand why we think DJ Hero 2 offers an unprecedented music experience."
With the highly skilled DJs and music producers at FreeStyleGames - joined by Deadmau5, David Guetta, DJ Qbert, Tiesto and a crew of world renowned mixologists - dropping the beats, everyone will have a chance to experience the following songs in an all-new way:
- 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - "California Love Remix"
- 50 Cent - "In Da Club"
- Adamski - "Killer"
- Afrika Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force - "Planet Rock"
- Armand Van Helden - "I Want Your Soul"
- A-Trak - "Say Whoa"
- B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars - "Nothin' On You"
- Basement Jaxx - "Where's Your Head At"
- BlakRoc feat. Pharoahe Monch & RZA - "Dollaz & Sense"
- Busta Rhymes - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See"
- Calvin Harris - "I'm Not Alone"
- Chamillionaire - "Ridin'"
- Chic - "Good Times"
- Chic - "Le Freak"
- Clinton Sparks, DJ Class, & Jermaine Dupri - "Favorite DJ"
- Daft Punk - "Human After All"
- Damian Marley - "Welcome To Jamrock"
- David Guetta & Chris Willis - "Love Is Gone"
- David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi - "Memories"
- David Guetta vs. The Egg - "Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)"
- Deadmau5 - "Ghosts N Stuff"
- Deadmau5 & Kaskade - "I Remember"
- Deee-Lite - "Groove Is In The Heart"
- Dillinja and Skibadee - "Twist 'Em Out"
- Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden - "Bonkers"
- DJ Qbert - "Super Battle Breaks"
- DJ Shadow - "Midnight In A Perfect World"
- DJ Shadow feat. Q-Tip and Lateef The Truth Speaker - "Enuff (DJ Fresh Remix)"
- Donna Summer - "Bad Girls"
- Edwin Starr - "War"
- Eminem - "Not Afraid"
- Estelle feat. Kanye West - "American Boy"
- Flo Rida - "Low"
- Flo Rida feat. Will.I.Am - "In The Ayer"
- Gorillaz feat. Mos Def & Bobby Womack - "Stylo"
- Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five feat. Melle Mel & Duke Bootee - "The Message"
- Harold Faltermeyer - "Axel F"
- House Of Pain - "Jump Around"
- Iyaz - "Replay"
- Janet Jackson - "Nasty"
- Justice - "D.A.N.C.E."
- Justice - "Waters Of Nazareth"
- Kanye West - "Heartless"
- Kanye West - "Love Lockdown"
- Kaskade & Deadmau5 - "Move For Me"
- Kelis - "Acapella (David Guetta Extended Mix)"
- Kool & The Gang - "Jungle Boogie"
- Lady Gaga - "Lovegame"
- Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance"
- Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis - "Just Dance"
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz feat. Ying Yang Twins - "Get Low"
- Lil' Wayne - "Go DJ"
- Lil' Wayne feat. Static Major - "Lollipop"
- LL Cool J - "I Can't Live Without My Radio"
- M.I.A. - "Galang"
- M|A|R|R|S - "Pump Up The Volume"
- Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - "Pon De Floor"
- Malcolm McLaren - "Buffalo Gals"
- Metallica - "The Day That Never Comes"
- Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On"
- MSTRKRFT feat. N.O.R.E. - "Bounce"
- Nas feat. Keri Hilson - "Hero"
- Naughty By Nature - "O.P.P."
- Nelly - "Hot In Herre"
- New Boyz - "You're A Jerk"
- New Order - "Blue Monday"
- Newcleus - "Jam On It"
- Nightcrawlers - "Push The Feeling On (MK Mix 95)"
- Orbital - "The Box"
- Pirate Soundsystem - "Bashy Bashy"
- Pitbull - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"
- Pussycat Dolls feat. Busta Rhymes - "Don't Cha"
- Rihanna - "Pon De Replay"
- Rihanna - "Rude Boy"
- Robin S - "Show Me Love (Stonebridge Radio Edit)"
- Salt N Pepa - "Push It"
- Sam Cooke - "Chain Gang"
- Sam Sparro - "B&G" a/k/a "Black & Gold"
- Sean Paul - "Infiltrate"
- Sean Paul - "Get Busy"
- Snoop Dogg - "Who Am I (What's My Name)?"
- Snow - "Informer"
- Soulja Boy Tell 'Em - "Crank That (Soulja Boy)"
- Sparfunk & D-Code - "Apocalypse"
- Stevie Wonder - "Superstition"
- Talib Kweli - "Get By"
- The Chemical Brothers - "Leave Home"
- The Chemical Brothers feat. Q-Tip - "Galvanize"
- The Crystal Method - "Busy Child (Still Busy After All These Years Remix)"
- The Jackson 5 - "ABC"
- The Notorious B.I.G. feat. Mase & Diddy - "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems"
- The Prodigy - "Omen"
- The Prodigy - "Firestarter"
- Tiesto - "Speed Rail"
- Tiesto & Sneaky Sound System - "I Will Be Here"
- Tiesto vs Diplo - "Come On"
- Tiga - "You Gonna Want Me"
- Timbaland feat. Drake - "Say Something"
- Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E. - "The Way I Are"
- Tweet feat. Missy Elliott - "Oops (Oh My)"
- Walter Murphy - "A Fifth Of Beethoven"
- Warren G feat. Nate Dogg - "Regulate"
- Wayne Smith - "Under Mi Sleng Teng"
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix )"
- Young Jeezy feat. Kanye West - "Put On"
The ultimate mixer of music and friends, DJ Hero 2 will deliver the definitive way for players to come together and party with a host of new multiplayer modes - including DJ Battles that pit DJ against DJ in mixes produced specifically for battle gameplay - and invite vocalists into the spotlight with integrated on-screen singing and rapping of lyrics and rhymes while bringing the party to life with jump-in/jump-out Party Play gameplay. Featuring the biggest dance, pop and hip-hop hits by the hottest artists everyone knows and loves remixed by world-class DJ's in an all-new way, the game's soundtrack delivers over 80 unique creations only available in DJ Hero 2. Further immersing players into the music, the game offers a heightened level of creative input and allows everyone to add their own touch, directly impacting the beats they're spinning with freestyle scratching, crossfading and sampling. The game will also feature an all-new career-based Empire Mode where players start out as an up-and-coming DJ on the road to becoming the head of a major entertainment empire, all of which is founded solely on their success as a DJ.
Dropping on October 19, DJ Hero 2 will invite a wave of new digital disc jockeys to the turntables as the game will be available as a Party Bundle which will include a copy of the game, two turntable controllers and a microphone, offering the ultimate "party-in-a-box." Gamers who experienced DJ Hero(R), the #1 new videogame intellectual property of 2009, can pick up DJ Hero 2 as a Turntable Bundle featuring one turntable controller and a copy of the game or as standalone software. The game is in development by FreeStyleGames for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION(R)3 and the Wii(TM) system from Nintendo. The game is rated "T" (Teen - Mild Suggestive Themes, Lyrics) by the ESRB. For more information about DJ Hero 2, please visit www.djhero.com, www.facebook.com/djhero and www.twitter.com/djhero.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition including from used games and other forms of entertainment, litigation risks and associated costs, rapid changes in technology, industry standards, business models including online and used games, and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors, and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers that can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities and potential challenges associated with geographic expansion, and the other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
DJ Hero and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2010 PR Newswire. All rights reserved