All-out war between the Horde and the Alliance erupts in the seventh expansion to Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®
Recruit and play as new Allied Races, plunder the Islands of the
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171103005842/en/
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (Graphic: Business Wire)
In Battle for Azeroth, the fall of the Burning Legion has set off a series of disastrous incidents that reignites the furious rivalry between the noble Alliance and the mighty Horde. As a new age of warfare begins, Azeroth's heroes must set out on a harrowing journey in search of new allies, race to claim the world's mightiest resources to turn the tides of war, and fight on several fronts to determine which side will lead Azeroth into its uncertain future.
"Conflict is at the heart of the Warcraft®
saga, and in Battle for Azeroth, tensions that have been
simmering for a long time escalate into all-out war," said
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth includes new features and content that will put heroes' dedication and fortitude to the test. In this expansion, players will be called upon to:
Explore Two Fabled Kingdoms: As a champion of the Horde, travel
to the Zandalar empire to persuade the trolls to lend their
naval might. As a defender of the Alliance, venture to the seafaring
Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore, and rally its inhabitants to fight for your cause.
- Recruit Allied Races: Take a new form for your adventures as several new playable Allied Races, each with unique racial abilities. Earn the favor of the Highmountain tauren, Void elves, Dark Iron dwarves, and others to create a new character of that race and add their strength to your faction.
Plunder the Islands of the
Great Sea: Scour Azeroth's myriad uncharted Islands and conquer an ever-changing array of enemies, environments, and objectives. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players—to collect each island's resources and fuel the war effort.
- Charge Into the Warfronts: Fight on the battlefields of a large-scale, 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Capture resources to build your faction's forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to objectives, and fight the enemy commander to claim victory in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles.
- Infuse Your Armor with Titanic Might: Seek out Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Legion's wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard—with Azerite to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
- Battle to Level 120: Trace the corruption of the Blood God to the Underrot, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, escape from the Drust Realm of the Dead, and more as you quest through 10 new levels—then continue to grow in power through new World Quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
- Instantly Boost to Level 110: Enter the raging conflict between the Horde and the Alliance prepared to survive on the front lines of a vicious new war.
- Connect Through Communities: Join up with WoW® players who share common interests in persistent cross-realm Communities. Share strategies with members of your class, fraternize with auction house magnates, talk shop with fellow tailors, and expand your social circles.
To learn more about World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, visit the expansion's official website at www.worldofwarcraft.com/battleforazeroth.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft®,
the Warcraft®, StarCraft®,
*Sales and/or downloads, based on internal company records and reports from key distribution partners.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking
Statements: Information in this press release that involves
Director, Global Public Relations
Global Public Relations Manager
News Provided by Acquire Media