Recruit four of the playable Allied Races†joining the fight in the upcoming expansion to Blizzard Entertainment's acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game
Instantly boost one Horde or Alliance character to level 110 today†
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180130006266/en/
The Horde and the Alliance face off in
Players who pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth today can begin their
journey to recruit four of the expansion's new Allied Races, each
representing comrades they've fought alongside on the Broken
Pre-purchasing Battle for Azeroth also grants the included level-110
character boost immediately†, so players can enter the
expansion ready to fight on the front lines of the coming war. Upon Battle
for Azeroth's launch, heroes will be called upon to seek
reinforcements in the seafaring kingdom of
"Battle for Azeroth brings a whole new dimension to the
Horde-vs.-Alliance conflict in World of Warcraft, with a new
continent to explore for each faction and brand-new gameplay features
like Allied Races, randomized Island Expeditions, and large-scale
Players who choose to level up a new Allied Race will also be able to enjoy World of Warcraft's recently revamped level 1 to 100 questing experience. Building upon a popular feature introduced on the Broken Isles in Legion, zones across Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor now scale to a wide range of character levels, making it so players can enjoy the quests, stories, and other content at their own pace. Those who complete the full level 20-110 experience† as an Allied Race character will also earn that race's distinctive Heritage Armor—a set of cosmetic gear that represents their dedication to finding their people's place in Azeroth.
Standard and Digital Deluxe Editions
Battle for Azeroth is available for pre-purchase digitally in a
standard edition (
- World of Warcraft: Charge into battle astride the Seabraid Stallion (Alliance) and Gilded Ravasaur (Horde) mounts, and explore new frontiers with Tottle, the baby Tortollan pet, at your side.
- Hearthstone®: After a rough day on the front, rest up at the tavern and play a few hands of Hearthstone with your hot new Azeroth Is Burning card back.
StarCraft® II: Make
your mark on distant worlds with
Horde- and Alliance-themed sprays.
- Heroes of the Storm®: Roar onto the Battlegrounds of the Nexus riding your Primal Flamesaber, a fiery new mount with three variants.
Overwatch®: Champion your
faction on the battlefields of tomorrow with
Horde and Alliancevoice lines for Torbjörn and emotes for Tracer; sprays featuring Anduin, Sylvanas, Jaina, and Varok Saurfang; and player icons representing Kul Tirasand Zandalar.
Players who pre-purchase the Digital Deluxe edition will unlock the above bonuses today with the exception of the mount for Heroes of the Storm, which is arriving soon after due to the game's content update schedule.
Battle for Azeroth will also be available in a boxed Collector's Edition, which includes an assortment of loot in addition to the above in-game bonuses. More details on the Collector's Edition, including pricing, contents, and availability, will be announced at later date.
Battle for Azeroth Features
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth includes new features and content that will put heroes' dedication and fortitude to the test. In this expansion, players will be called upon to:
Explore Two Fabled Kingdoms: As a champion of the Horde, travel
to the empire of Zandalar to persuade the trolls to lend their
naval might. As a defender of the Alliance, venture to the seafaring
Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore, and rally its inhabitants to fight for your cause.
- Recruit Allied Races: Take a new form for your adventures as several new playable Allied Races, each with unique racial abilities. Earn the favor of the Highmountain tauren, Void elves, Dark Iron dwarves, and others to create a new character of that race and add their strength to your faction.
Plunder the Islands of the
Great Sea: Set out on Island Expeditions and conquer an ever-changing array of enemies, environments, and objectives. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players—to collect each island's resources and fuel the war effort.
- Charge Into a Warfront: Fight on the battlefields of a large-scale, 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Capture resources to build your faction's forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to objectives, and fight the enemy commander to claim victory in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft real-time strategy-game battles.
- Infuse Your Armor With Titanic Might: Seek out Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Burning Legion's wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard—with Azerite to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
- Battle to Level 120: Trace the corruption of the Blood God to the Underrot, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, escape from the Drust Realm of the Dead, and more as you quest through 10 new levels—then continue to grow in power through new World Quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
To learn more about World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, visit the expansion's official website at www.worldofwarcraft.com/battleforazeroth.
†World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth will launch
in summer 2018 (winter 2018 in regions in southern hemisphere; on or
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft®,
the Warcraft®, StarCraft®,
*Sales and/or downloads, based on internal company records and reports from key distribution partners.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking
Statements: Information in this press release that involves
Director, Global Public Relations
Public Relations Manager, Global
Public Relations Manager,
News Provided by Acquire Media